FACULTY SENATE ISSUES AND CONCERNS, FALL 2004
1. Faculty compensation: priority on continued raises and study of promotion increase.
2. Retirement benefits: work with Nick Kelly to educate faculty about retirement options and aid in the transition. Advisor on retirement companies.
3. Health benefits: monitor transition to 2005 insurance company.
4. Faculty development fund: refine the committee structure and granting process. Work for increased support in the future.
5. Ranked renewable term faculty: monitor the number of RT faculty and its impact annually.
6. Legislative relations: work with President Boren to increase state support for OU.
7. Gender issues: endowed chairs, spousal hires.
8. Regents policy manual: final proofing and vote on “Financial Emergency” section.
9. Task force recommendations on classroom renovations: monitor implementation of one-time funds. Annual renovations: Provost to establish advisory committee.
10. Approve Campus Tenure Committee recommendation to discontinue its review of hire-with-tenure cases.
11. Approve recommendation of post-tenure review committee.
12. Work on additional issues with classroom technology management and IT. Consider new and interim ITC policies.