FACULTY SENATE ISSUES AND CONCERNS, FALL 2005
1. Faculty compensation: priority on continued raises and study of promotion increase.
2. Retirement benefits: work with Nick Kelly to inform faculty about retirement options and aid in the transition. Advisor on retirement companies.
3. Health benefits: monitor transition to 2006 insurance company.
4. Faculty development fund: refine the granting process, make committee permanent, assess results, work for increased support in the future.
5. Ranked renewable term faculty: monitor the number of RT faculty and its impact annually.
6. Legislative relations: work with President Boren to increase state support for OU.
7. Provost advisory committee on classroom renovations: get updates on progress and plans.
8. Consider new ITC policies.
9. Grading individual instruction courses.