FACULTY SENATE CONCERNS, 2008-09
1. OU ADVANCE program: Faculty Equity/Diversity Taskforce
2. Status of plus/minus grading?
3. UOSA's joint efforts with Faculty Senate:
· OU/OSU weekend blood drive
· Bike to school day
· Charged for a permit for both car and scooter
· Problem with students parking in Dale Hall lot
· Designated parking spaces for faculty
5. Tuition for employee children:
· Endowment for scholarships and fellowships
· Free or reduced
· Reciprocal agreements with other Big 12 institutions
6. Health benefits/Wellness:
· Retiree health benefits.
· Potential taxation of medical care programs
· Cost of dependent medical coverage
· Free admission to Huston-Huffman
· Enhanced health insurance benefits for those at lower-risk 1.
· Become a non-smoking campus.
7. Green issues:
· OU Bike Plan
· Improve pedestrian safety thru brighter crosswalk markings, better alerting / signaling, and better enforcement (e.g., running of red lights, speeding) on streets that cross or abut the campus (primarily Boyd, Elm, Jenkins and Lindsey).
· Add dedicated marked bike lanes, with particular attention given to the streets that transect campus and that approach campus.
· Bike to school day—perks for biking—bike campaign?
· Recycling—work with OUr Earth/Greening Norman
· Continued increase in salaries including higher bonuses and compensation to those who perform excellently.
9. Perks for faculty:
· See the Chronicle Issue “Great Colleges to Work For”:
· Why is our teacher retirement fund not funded?
11. Development of an Institutional Repository
12. Tulsa Issues:
· Faculty not included in decisions:
o The decision to make the Tulsa campus smoke free
· More leadership come to Tulsa:
o Once/week transport
· Promote research:
o Assistance in navigating processes including IRB
o Emphasize collaboration