The Top 10 Reasons to Commit by June 1
So you want to join the OU Class of 2024? We are so excited to hear that! We encourage students to submit their enrollment commitment by June 1. The earlier you commit, the sooner you can start “settling in” to OU – long before you officially arrive to campus in August to literally settle in! Here are the top 10 reasons to commit to OU by that date.
1. Experience a stress-free senior year: Enjoy the final months of your high school career knowing that you've found the perfect university!
2. Create your best class schedule: The sooner you commit to OU, the sooner you can schedule your New Sooner Orientation appointment and enroll in fall classes.
3. Start building your community: Once you commit, you can join our OU Bound online community, register for Camp Crimson, and start building a network of friends that will last a lifetime.
4. Ease any nerves about what's next: Connect with University College and start crafting your first-year experience. University College offers Gateway courses to aid in your transition to OU, major exploration tools, and much more!
5. Meet your MoneyCoach: Finalize your financial plan for college through one-to-one interaction with your MoneyCoach. You’ll even be able to visit with your MoneyCoach throughout your entire time at OU, so it’s great to build this relationship early.
6. Locate your perfect roommate: If you and a friend are already planning on living together, that’s great. If you don’t have someone in mind, that’s okay too. You’ll be able to connect with other incoming students and find someone who is a great match for you!
7. Find your fit: Discover our more than 550 student organizations now, ranging from academic-specific student organizations to student government to Greek Life. That way you’ll have a plan for what meetings you might want to check out when you're here in the fall.
8. Get a jump start: Get ahead of the competition by connecting with on-campus professional development opportunities and learning more about research opportunities that await you.
9. Make your transition to college as smooth as possible: Start checking the next steps off your to-do list early and make sure everything is ready to go for your move to Norman.
10. Announce you're #OUBound on social: We love when members of our incoming class share their college decision on social media. Be sure to tag us at @Go2OU so we can celebrate with you and officially welcome you to the OU family!