Diversity Enrichment Programs Internships
It is the mission of the University of Oklahoma to provide the best possible educational experience for our students through excellence in teaching, research and creative activity, and service to the state and society.
To better prepare and equip our University of Oklahoma student leaders to develop their talents and meet the rigors of life after OU, students must intentionally enhance their leadership potential not only by obtaining a college degree, but also through constantly pushing for new ways to learn, grow, and develop. Productive and nurturing mentor/friend relationships with faculty, staff, and/or peers, participation in undergraduate research, and professional and leadership development experiences both on and off campus are among the effective steps students can take to maximize their training and preparation. Students would do well to seek internships as excellent opportunities to gain on-the-job experience and hone their professional skills while working towards degree completion.
It is the goal of Diversity Enrichment Programs to identify, recruit, and assist prospective undergraduate ethnic minority students, which meet or exceed admission requirements, through the admissions process by developing and utilizing an extensive network of professional educators, community leaders, alumni, and friends of the University.
Diversity Enrichment Programs Recruitment Interns
DEP Recruitment Interns are essential to the effectiveness of the department. The real-time accounts of what it is like to be a student at the University of Oklahoma that current students are able to provide makes them our best resource in attracting and recruiting a diverse student body. DEP Recruitment Interns will represent the University of Oklahoma at college fairs, on-campus recruitment events, and in the surrounding community. Interns will also maintain regular contact with our most outstanding prospective students. Interns will receive a $1,500 tuition waiver annually.
The DEP Recruitment Intern will:
- Attend recruitment events monthly and/or a minimum of one office hour per week.
- Submit all required material needed throughout the year on time (academic and work schedules).
- Attend DEP mandatory meetings.
- Maintain consistent passion, work ethic, and optimism throughout the year.
- Attend DEP Recruitment Intern training and retreat held in spring after selection and once per semester.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student (minimum of 12 hours per semester).
- Be committed to assisting the University of Oklahoma in its efforts to recruit a culturally diverse student body.
- Cumulative college retention GPA of 3.0.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and involvement in student and professional organizations.
Throughout the program, the student must:
- Maintain a cumulative college retention GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Continue enrollment as a full-time student (minimum of 12 hours per semester).
- Meet participation requirements established for DEP Recruitment Interns.
Deadline for consideration
The 2020-2021 DEP Internship application is now closed. Check back in March of 2021 for the 2021-2022 application.
Notification of selection
The 2020 Diversity Enrichment Programs Recruitment Interns will be notified of selection via email in April 2020.