12TH ANNUAL AVIATION FESTIVAL
FALL OF 2018
Stay tuned on our website and FACEBOOK page for updates.
Max Westheimer Airport 11th Annual Aviation Festival
The 11th Annual Aviation Festival took place on Sept. 9th, 2017, in conjunction with the AOPA 2017 Norman Fly-in. Festival hours were 9:00AM to 12:30PM. Parking and admission to the exhibit hall and aircraft display were free.
- Aircraft static displays
- Kid's Corner - With face painting, a ballon artist, Jr. Sooner Club and Caesar, OUPD Officer Vollmer and K-9 Bomb dog Ceasar.
- Sooner Flight Academy hands-on hangar
- Exhibit Hall - Had dozens of exhibitors which brought the latest and greatest aviation products and services.
- Seminars by world-renowned presenters were on hand to deepen piloting skills
- Rusty Pilots seminar was available for credit towards the ground training requirement for Flight Review (Registration was require.)
- Short Field Take-off and Landing (STOL) aerial display - Twelve highly-experienced pilots participated in aircraft ranging from a CUB to a Quest Kodiak
- Food Truck Corral - A variety of lunch options including BBQ, tacos, hamburgers hot dogs and Midway Deli sandwiches.
Displays this year:
High Altitude Research plane (HARP)
OU Department of Aviation - Beechcraft BE90 King Air, Piper PA-28-161 Warrior, Piper PA44-180 Seminole and Beechcraft BE58 Baron
Norman PD - Patrol Car and SWAT