Budget revision instructions begin on page 2.
Any funding transfer between positions, accounts, and departments requires a budget revision form or submission of a revision via the budget system. Please see instructions to the right for further information and a copy of a hard copy budget revision.
If you are a Norman Campus employee and have had access granted to the Oracle budget system, you can go directly there.
- All revisions for departments within the central (01000/03000) funds must balance and should be entered in the budget system. Permanent revisions for all funds can be entered throughout the fiscal year.
- Temporary (current-year) revisions for all other departments not funded centrally should be submitted and routed on paper.
- An increase or decrease of estimated incomemust have a corresponding increase or decrease to an E&G expense department 1X2-XXXX.
- To transfer funds from 1X4-XXXX or 1X7-XXXX depts, a corresponding increase in an E&G department must be reflected in the current-year section; indicate the amount of the funding and the department to be reduced; and an increase must be made to the 191-850000 department.
- For increases or decreases related to OU Foundation funds, the paper copy of the budget revision form offers an area to enter the foundation account number, the E&G department affected, as well as position and employee information.
- Denial of an on-line revision or return of a paper copy can be due to several reasons.
- No fringe benefit entry to accompany changes in personnel lines.
- For non-central funds, lack of cash to support the budget transfer
- Attempt to transfer central or hard-money funds to soft money departments.
Approval Process and Flow
The approval process for budget revisions follows two routes depending on its status as a temporary or permanent transaction. Please note that Level 1 (sponsor) is controlled by the department through FAMS.
|1. Sponsor||1. Sponsor|
|2. Dean/Director||2. Dean/Director|
|3. Vice president||3. Vice president|
|4. N/A||4. N/A|
|5. N/A||5. N/A|
|6. Fin Svcs (if applicable)||6. N/A|
|7. Office of Budget & Financial Planning||7. Office of Budget & Financial Planning|