Check tyour OU email as well as the associated junk mail folders. Please make sure your spam filters are set to allow e-mails from email@example.com. If you do not receive a confirmation within 24 business hours of your registration, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please make sure you have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer. The documents will be sent as PDF files. If you continue to have trouble with the files, please e-mail email@example.com as soon as possible.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and include the camper's name and session and we will resend the e-mail to you.
- Check-in for Camp Crimson:Hi-Rickety is from 11:30 am - 12:45 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, June 19.
- Check-in for Camp Crimson:Whoop-De-Do is from 11:30 am - 12:45 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, June 26.
- Check-in for Camp Crimson:Boomer is from 11:30a.m. - 12:45 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, July 10.
- Check-in for Camp Crimson:Sooner is from 11:30a.m. - 12:45 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, July 17.
- Check-in for Camp Crimson:OKU is from 11:30a.m. - 12:45 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, July 24.
The check-in for each camp will be located in the storm shelter of Walker Tower dormitory.
- Check-out for Camp Crimson:Hi-Rickety is at 4:00 p.m. (CST) on Friday, June 21.
- Check-out for Camp Crimson:Whoop-De-Do is at 4:00 p.m. (CST) on Friday, June 28.
- Check-out for Camp Crimson:Boomer is at 4:00p.m. (CST) on Friday, July 12.
- Check-out for Camp Crimson:Sooner is at 4:00p.m. (CST) on Friday, July 19.
- Check-out for Camp Crimson:OKU is at 4:00p.m. (CST) on Friday, July 26.
As you arrive at camp, you may park anywhere south of Lindsey Street. It would be best to park around the housing area. We will have camp staff directing traffic and holding signs to show you where to go so that you do not get lost. Do not park in metered, handicap, or Faculty in Residence marked spots.
Camp Crimson offers free airport shuttle service to and from camp and Will Rogers World Airport in Oklahoma City. This service will only be provided on the Wednesdays and Fridays of each camp. To request shuttle service please mark on your registration form that you will be arriving by air. One of our camp staff members will contact you for further travel information.
* If you are arriving on the dates below, free airport transportation to campus will be available.
- Wednesday, June 19 (Camp Crimson:Hi-Rickety)
- Wednesday, June 26 (Camp Crimson:Whoop-te-do)
- Wednesday, July 10 (Camp Crimson:Boomer)
- Wednesday, July 17 (Camp Crimson:Sooner)
- Wednesday, July 24 (Camp Crimson:OKU)
* Transportation back to the airport will also be available on the dates listed below. We provide this as a service for all of our campers who are coming in from out-of-state.
- Friday, June 21 (Camp Crimson:Hi-Rickety)
- Friday, June 28 (Camp Crimson:Whoop-te-do)
- Friday, July 12 (Camp Crimson:Boomer)
- Friday, July 19 (Camp Crimson:Sooner)
- Friday, July 26 (Camp Crimson:OKU)
*Note - If you will be arriving/departing any other days than the dates listed above, Camp Crimson will not be able to provide free airport shuttle to your destinations. There are numerous taxi services and shuttles that can provide these services if you need to arrive early or depart at a later date. You can find these services at: Will Rogers World Airport Transit.
I am arriving by plane and have arranged for transportation by Camp Crimson. Where do I meet the staff to pick me up and take me to campus?
Please wait in the baggage claim area and look for the Camp Crimson sign. There will be Camp Crimson staff members there waiting for you.
I am enrolling the Tuesday before camp and I was wondering if there are places to stay in the residence halls if I need to come early?
You can indicate when you register for camp that you would like to arrive a night early. This is a great option for students coming early to enroll in classes or who are traveling from out of state. There is a $50 fee required for early arrival housing and will include accommodations and a meal Tuesday evening. The $50 room and board fee will be added to the bursar bill in August when the camp fee is charged.
While we prefer you do not switch camps, we understand things come up and will try to accommodate your needs. Contact us by e-mail at email@example.com. Please state which camp you would like to switch to and make sure to provide your name and ID number. You will be sent a confirmation e-mail to verify the change has been processed.
All cancellations must be submitted through our online cancellation form HERE.
Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- 100% charge removal if form is submitted up to one week before your session was to start. See dates below.
- Hi-Rickety - must cancel by 5:00 p.m.* June 12, 2019
- Whoop-te-do - must cancel by 5:00 p.m.* June 19, 2019
- Boomer - must cancel by 5:00 p.m.* July 3, 2019
- Sooner - must cancel by 5:00 p.m.* July 10, 2019
- OKU - must cancel by 5:00 p.m.* July 17, 2019
- *all times are Central Standard Time
- 50% charge removal for cancellations received after the dates listed below up until August 21, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. (CST).
- Hi-Rickety - canceled from 5:01 p.m.* June 12, 2019 - 5:00 p.m.* August 19, 2019
- Whoop-te-do - canceled from 5:01 p.m.* June 19, 2019 - 5:00 p.m.* August 19, 2019
- Boomer - canceled from 5:01 p.m.* July 3, 2019 - 5:00 p.m.* August 19, 2019
- Sooner - canceled from 5:01 p.m.* July 10, 2019 - 5:00 p.m.* August 19, 2019
- OKU - canceled from 5:01 p.m.* July 17, 2017 - 5:00 p.m.* August 19, 2019
- *all times are Central Standard Time
- No charge removal after 5:01 p.m. (CST) August 19, 2019 for any session.
*Please note that there is no actual refund. We do not accept up-front payment or credit card. When you register, you check a box that says you agree to have your bursar account charged in August for the camp fee.
Please note: If you sign up for camp and choose not to attend the University of Oklahoma in the fall, you must still notify Camp Crimson directly using the cancellation form linked above and you must comply with the cancellation policy dates.
Camp Crimson is OU's premier orientation camp. It is a three day, two night crash course on what it means to be a Sooner. You will get the opportunity to meet campers that may become the friends you have for the rest of your life, student leaders who will help you get connected on campus and faculty and staff members whom will give you the skills that you need to succeed. Camp Crimson will give you unforgettable memories as well as put you one step ahead in college. To find out more about Camp Crimson please explore our website.
Any newly admitted students to the University of Oklahoma can come to Camp Crimson. Whether you are a senior graduating from high school or a student transferring in from another college, we want to make sure we give you the proper OU welcome as well as help you become acclimated to the University of Oklahoma.
We are expecting approximately 2500 participants this summer. This number may seem large but keep in mind that there are 5 sessions and each student will be assigned to a small group to allow them to become better acclimated to the university. We want to make sure you have fun and do not get lost in the crowd.
Some of the items that students commonly forget are bedding for an extra-long twin size bed, toiletries, towels, tennis shoes, and swimsuits. For a complete list of what to pack for camp, please refer to the What to Bring document.
First and foremost, make sure all your registration paperwork has been completed and submitted. Then, get excited for the fun to begin! You will be able to learn about old and new traditions as well as what OU campus life is like. And you never know when you are going to have to sing BOOMER SOONER!
How can I contact someone from Camp Crimson?
The best way to reach us is to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. While Camp Crimson is in session you may contact our staff 24 hours a day by calling (405) 325-6178. If you need to mail something to Camp Crimson you may send it to the following address:
900 Asp Avenue, Suite 370
Norman, OK 73019