The deadline for submitting applications is 4:00 p.m., Friday, March 15, 2013
|Selection Criteria: N.E.W. Leadership selects students with the intent of creating a class of individuals who represent varied backgrounds and experiences. Five primary criteria guide the competitive selection process:
- Individual leadership potential;
- Maturity, ability to deal with challenges, and capacity to reflect on one’s own personal strengths and weaknesses;
- Special interests, unique characteristics and/or diverse experiences which contribute to the N.E.W. Leadership learning goals;
- Interest in politics, public service, or public policy; and
- Commitment to participate fully in the N.E.W. Leadership institute.
To be considered for the institute, you must submit: 1) the completed application, 2) a one-page summary of background experiences, 3) three essays [ Download essay questions], and 4)) two letters of recommendation. Instructions for completing these requirements are included in the application and at the end of this page.
<More instructions for completing the application>
After submitting this form, you will see all of the information submitted on the confirmation page. You will also receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation, contact our office at 405-325-6372 for assistance.
Download essay questions
Recommendation letter form
Important Reminder: In order to be considered for admission to the N.E.W. Leadership program, all required materials must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 15, 2013. These materials include:
1) completed application, 2) one-page summary of background experiences, 3) three essays, and 4) two letters of recommendation. Remember that the more information you provide about yourself, the better able we are to evaluate your application. Submit your application online using this form or you can mail, fax, email, or deliver your completed file to:
Carl Albert Center
University of Oklahoma
630 Parrington Oval, Room 101
Norman, OK 73019-4031
Fax: (405) 325-6419
Lauren Schueler, Assistant Director, N.E.W. Leadership
Women's Leadership Initiative
If you email the application materials, be sure to use as the subject line: “NEW Leadership Application.”
The deadline for submitting applications is
4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 16, 2012.
For more information or for accommodations on the basis of disability, please contact:
Assistant Director, N.E.W. Leadership
Women’s Leadership Initiative
THE UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.