Title VI — Your Rights
CART is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in or denied the benefits of its services on the basis of race, color, or national origin, as provided by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended.
It is CART’s objective to:
- Ensure that the level and quality of public transportation service is provided without regard to race, color, or national origin.
- Promote full and fair participation in public transportation decision-making in a non-discriminatory manner.
- Ensure meaningful access to transit-related programs and activities by persons with limited English proficiency.
CART is committed to a policy of non-discrimination in the conduct of its business and in the delivery of equitable and accessible transportation services. All CART employees share in the responsibility of implementing this Title VI non-discrimination policy.
Any person who believes that he or she has been subject to discrimination under Title VI on the basis of race, color, or national origin may file a Title VI complaint with CART.
Title VI Complaint Form and Complaint Procedures
A Title VI complaint shall be submitted in writing within 180 days following the date of the alleged discrimination. Complete and submit the Title VI Complaint Form (click here for PDF form in English) (en español haga clic aquí para el PDF) by mail or in person to:
Title VI Coordinator
CART – Cleveland Area Rapid Transit
510 E. Chesapeake
Norman, OK 73019-5128
Title VI Public Notification
Notifying the Public of Rights under Title VI Cleveland Area Rapid Transit
- CART operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes she or he has been wronged by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a written complaint with CART.
- For more information on CART’s civil rights program and procedures to file a complaint, call 405.325.2278 (TDD 405.325.5438); email (rideCART@ou.edu), visit us online at www.rideCART.com and click on “Title VI;” or come to our office at 510 E. Chesapeake, Norman, OK 73019-5128.
- You may also file a written complaint with FTA Office of Civil Rights, Title VI Program Coordinator, East Building, 5th Floor-TCR, 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE, Washington, DC 20590.
- If you need information in another language, call 405-325-2278. (405-325-5438 v/tdd.)
- Para mas información en español, llame al 405-325-2278 (405-325-5438 (v/tdd).
This Title VI public notification (click here for PDF) is also posted inside all transit vehicles and in public areas at the CART Transportation Operations Center.