Chemistry & Biochemistry Bioinformatics Core (CBBC)
The CBBC is committed to providing data analysis from genomics, proteomics, or other projects to help drive research forward. We also provide training for researchers on various aspects on data analysis.
For OU collaborations and services, the charge-back rates for fee-for-services are as follows:
|Type of Service||Internal (OU Affiliated) Fee/Hour||External Fee/Hour|
|Customized Biocomputing and Bioinformatics|
Services (scripts, informatics pipeline)
Funding for staff time and services can be included in collaborative grant.
- Omics data analysis (genomics, transcriptomics, metagenomics, comparative genomics)
- Sequence Analysis
- Pathway analysis
- Customized analysis pipeline
- Experimental Design Assistance
There are different ways in which we can help you:
- Project Data Analysis. After the initial meeting to understand the projects and its informatics needs, we will develop a plan to address each need with its timeline. Along the way, we will provide reports for the progress of each step.
- Consultation/Training. There are great amounts of bioinformatics resources out there. This means some researchers like to perform their own analysis. All the choices can sometimes be overwhelming. To that end, we can help along the way. We will be happy to discuss what tools might best fit your project.
- Letter of support or any other form of support for your grants.
If CBBC makes a significant contribution to a research project, we request that you include the contributing personnel as a co-author in all the resulting publications. A significant contribution may be:
- Producing analysis pipeline pertaining to a project.
- Conceptualization, design, analysis, visualization, and interpretation of the data.
- Addressing the biological question(s) in the manuscript.
- Writing or editing significant portions of the manuscript.
The details will be discussed at the start of each project. A memorandum of understanding (MOU) will be drafted after the details are discussed.
Please note that payment for the Core expenses for data analysis and authorship are not mutually exclusive. The recovery of the core expenses through the recharge system does not exclude the possibility for authorship for the Core personnel. Similarly, authorship does not substitute for payment of the Core expenses for services rendered.
Fares Z. Najar, Ph. D.
University of Oklahoma
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Stephenson Life Sciences Research Center
101 Stephenson Parkway
Norman, OK 73019
Phone: (405) 313-2194