The Native American Studies Internship Program at the University of Oklahoma provides American Indian-focused field-based experiences with local tribal governments, businesses, non-profit organizations, public schools, state and federal agencies, and local communities. Participants are required to spend three hours of internship, on site, for every one hour of academic credit enrolled.
Some past and current internship sponsors include:
- Oklahoma Indian Affairs Comission
- Oklahoma Indian Legal Services
- Oklahoma City Public Schools
- Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma
- Pawnee Tribe of Oklahoma
- OU American Indian Institute
- Wordpath Society
- Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History
- RedEarth, Inc. of Oklahoma City
The NAS Internship program gives students work-related skills to prepare them for future employment and gives sponsors more access to the many resources the university has to offer.
Please contact the NAS Internship Program at (405) 325-5463