In order to be considered for admission to the psychology graduate program, one must:
1. Have a minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.00
2. Present scores from the GRE verbal, analytical writing, and quantitative tests.
3. Complete a departmental application including:
- Departmental application form
- Three letters of recommendation
- A personal statement
- Copies of transcripts from all collegiate institutions attended
- Any publications you may have
Note: All of the information contained in our application packet, including the application and letter of recommendation forms needed to apply to our program, can be obtained most efficiently through the Application Information section or by contacting email@example.com
Also note that applicants to our graduate program must also submit an application to the University of Oklahoma Graduate College.
In addition to meeting the general requirements of the Graduate College, the student should have the following undergraduate psychology classes:
- Introductory statistics
- Experimental methods
- An adequate sampling of courses from biological psychology, cognition, learning, social, personality, and developmental.
Students with deficiencies in any of these areas may be required by the Admissions Committee to take remedial course work. Typically, psychology courses numbered 3000 and 4000 do not count for graduate credit.