"Psi Chi is the National Honor Society in Psychology, founded in 1929 for the purposes of encouraging, stimulating, and maintaining excellence in scholarship, and advancing the science of psychology. Membership is open to graduate and undergraduate men and women who are making the study of psychology one of their major interests" (www.psichi.org)
OU Psi Chi General Information:
Applications for Psi Chi are due March 8th for all students wanting to have national acceptance into Psi Chi before the end of the spring semester and October 19th for the fall semester.
These deadlines also apply if you want to purchase Psi Chi graduate gear (i.e., flare such as chords, stoles, and medals). So, if you are graduating in May make sure to note March 8th is the last day to apply for membership and order graduation gear.
The requirements for Psi Chi membership are as follows:
- Completion of 3 semesters of college coursework
- Completion of at least 9 semester hours (approx. 3 classes) of Psychology Coursework
- Registration for a major or minor in Psychology
- 3.00 GPA Overall
- 3.00 GPA in Psychology Coursework
- Ranking in the top 35% of one’s class in general scholarship
- Receipt of $45 dues. (Dues are paid only once for lifetime membership. Dues MUST be submitted with application. Dues are refundable if you are not granted membership)
Interested in being part of a nationally recognized Honor Society for Psychology? You need to pick up an application for Psi Chi from the Psychology Club bulletin board in Dale Hall Tower on the seventh floor.
You can turn in your forms at a club meeting or in our mailbox in room 740 of Dale Hall Tower.
Please use the links below if you can't pick up forms from the Bulletin Board.