Office: Ellison Hall, Room 124
Phone: (405) 325-4411
Major in WGS
The flexibility of the Women’s and Gender Studies major makes it ideal for combining with other majors for a double major. Popular choices for double majors include Journalism and Mass Communication, Political Science, History, Sociology, History and Human Relations. The Women’s and Gender Studies major requires 33 hours of coursework including: Introduction to Women’s and Gender Studies; 21 hours of electives with a minimum of three hours in each of the categories History and Culture, Literature, Art and Communication, and Contemporary Society and Policy; one course in Method and Theory in Women’s and Gender Studies; a senior seminar; and a senior thesis or internship.
The major is 33 hours with a minimum of:
- WGS 1003 Introduction to Women's and Gender Studies (3 hours)
- Area Studies (21 hours required): at least one course from each of three categories:
- History and Culture
- Literature, Art, and Communication
- Contemporary Society and Policy
- Senior Requirements (9 Hours):
- Thesis or Internship
- WGS 4003 Method and Theory
- WGS 4123 Contemporary Feminist Thought
Please see OU Course Catalog for a complete list of courses available.
For advising questions, please contact: