About Puebla, Mexico
- Puebla is the “Campus of Mexico” with more than 386 universities in the state of Puebla (8 of the top universities in Mexico) and more than 215,000 students.
- Puebla has partnerships with universities in more than 32 countries.
- Volkswagen and Audi have their western hemisphere headquarters in Puebla.
- Puebla has won multiple awards for public safety, tourism, museums and nightlife. There was a 35% increase in overnight tourism in Puebla during 2014 and a 60% increase in Puebla day trips. More than 700,000 people visited Puebla in 2014.
- UNESCO has declared a large section of Puebla as a World Heritage site, which includes about 400 square blocks and 2,600 colonial buildings.