Transfer credit is subject to limitations and must meet ALL criteria established by the MAIR program, the Office of Graduate Admissions, and the Graduate College. Students should reference the Graduate College Bulletin for more information about Graduate College criteria.
Transfer credit coursework will not be reviewed unless an official transcript and course syllabus has been submitted. Please read all required criteria before submitting the EETC form.
All transfer credit must meet the following criteria:
- PACS Records and Registration must have an official transcript on file before transfer credit can be reviewed.
- The course must have an international relations component.
- Only graduate level coursework may be submitted for transfer credit review.
- The credit must carry a grade of A, B, or S on a 4.0 scale.
- The coursework must not be more than five years old at the time of MAIR degree completion.
According to Graduate College regulations, “A master’s student must complete all degree requirements within five calendar years of the first enrollment in any graduate-level coursework to be applied to the master’s (MAIR) degree…Overage transfer credit CANNOT be applied to the master’s degree.” (Graduate College Bulletin 22.214.171.124)
- The credit cannot have been previously applied towards a bachelor’s, master’s or doctorial degree.
- The credit must be approved by both the MAIR program and the Dean of the Graduate College.