CIS Board of Visitors Study Abroad Scholarship
The Board of Visitors Study Abroad Scholarship was created on the initiative and generosity of advisors to, and constituents of, the College of International Studies at the University of Oklahoma. The scholarship is unique in that it emphasizes the value of study abroad experiences in destinations that are typically underrepresented.
Awards will be given on a competitive basis to qualified undergraduate and graduate students participating in OU study abroad programs. Awards are based on factors such as (1) quality of the studentʼs educational objectives and preparation for overseas study; (2) studentʼs field of study, with preference going to International and Area Studies majors; and (3) studentʼs financial need.
Scholarship applicants must meet the following specific criteria:
- Must be full-time, regularly enrolled undergraduate or graduate student at the University of Oklahoma
- Any major can apply; preference for International and Area Studies majors
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Preference given to those studying in non-western countries
- Must not be a contributor to the fund or an immediate family member of a contributor
Deadline: February 1
Any student unable to complete the program will be required to return the full amount of the award to the College of International Studies.