Electrostatic Cleaning Across the University
Electrostatic sprayer devices atomize and induce disinfectants or other cleaning agents with electrons. As the disinfectant is released from the sprayer, the charged particles cling to surfaces. This is especially helpful for cleaning and disinfecting hard-to-reach areas. The charged spray evenly coats and envelops surfaces 360 degrees, even if it is only sprayed from one side.
- All campuses received extensive electrostatic cleaning during spring break.
- Buildings and spaces not in use were closed after the cleaning to prevent contamination.
- HSC and OU-Tulsa campuses have received continuous treatments in clinics and high-occupancy areas.
- Nine commercial electrostatic sprayers have been purchased to serve all three campuses.
- Classrooms, restrooms, and elevators will receive weekly treatments on all campuses.
- Clinics will be treated weekly at HSC and OU-Tulsa.
- Residential common spaces and community bathrooms will be treated weekly on the Norman campus.