Research paper Roadmap - Flowchart
- What's your primary thesis & your research problem?
- Three major sections or thrusts of your research.
- One-sentence "teaser" about the final conclusion.
- Define key terms needed to understand your paper.
- Cite references.
EXPANDED Key Research Problem
- In-depth look at your problem; go into more detail.
- May not be necessary to cite references.
History of Research on this Topic
- Explain why yours is unique
- Brief chronology of other work done; brief history of ideas & research in this specific area.
- Present your research, supporting statistics, examples, case studies, explain why the evidence you use is valid.
Further Case Studies and Original Conclusions
- In-depth analysis
Debate Points / Controversy / Insight
- Insights, analysis, recommendations
Back to CLS Online Resources