Bachelor of Arts in Administrative Leadership
The Administrative Leadership degree program helps you develop the communication, strategic planning, analytical, and project/team management skills that are essential for professionals seeking a competitive advantage in the workplace.
Using real-world strategic methods and thinking, you will learn to approach new ideas, projects and challenges, from multiple perspectives and will be prepared for effective and efficient leadership within a company or organization.
Specific work-related principles are combined with the foundation of a liberal education.
The Bachelor of Arts in Administrative Leadership is a flexible 120-hour program – students can complete the program 100% online or in a hybrid format.
Degree Topics Include:
- Organizational Leadership
- Conflict Resolution
- Cultural Diversity
- Quality Initiatives
The Bachelor of Arts in Administrative Leadership is a fast paced accelerated program designed to accommodate working adults. When a student is admitted into the program, they are assigned an advisor who creates an individualized graduation plan. This plan will help organize and identify the courses necessary for completing the degree.
Manageable Accelerated Courses
All undergraduate courses in this program are designed at an accelerated pace – meaning each course is 8-weeks long. Most students choose to take 4 courses (or 12 credit hours) a semester; two courses the first half of the semester and two courses the second half of the semester. The amount of credit hours you take a semester should be discussed with your advisor and reflective of your personal and work schedules – these courses are fast paced and intensive.
Depending on how many credit hours are transferred, along with the number of courses taken in a semester, this program can be completed in as little as 18 months. The majority of students complete the program in 2–3 years.
Have a question? Contact an Admissions Specialist or CLS advisor.
- A minimum of 120 hours is needed for a Bachelor of Arts in Administrative Leadership.
- A minimum of 30 hours must be earned from the OU College of Liberal Studies.
- A minimum of 60 hours must be earned from a baccalaureate (four-year) institution.
- A minimum of 40 hours must be upper-division coursework.
- A minimum grade point average of 2.0 is needed for graduation.
- 15 - 46 hours of coursework must be completed.
- One upper division (3000/4000 level) Gen Ed course must be completed.
- An Associate of Arts (A.A.) or an Associate of Science (A.S.) from an accredited 2-year Oklahoma institution waives the lower-division general education requirements.
- No more than 30 lower-division and upper-division hours can be waived with advanced standing credit and/or extra institutional learning.
Electives fulfill the remaining hours necessary for the completion of a B.A. degree after general education and B.A. major requirements have been met.
Electives can be taken online through the College of Liberal Studies and/or transferred from another college or university, subject to the minimum graduation requirements presented above.
Free electives (0-72 hours) (All grades must be “D” or higher)