Apply to be an Architectural, Civil or Environmental Engineering or Environmental Science Student
Undergradudate Student Admission
Graduate Student Admission
Thank you for your interest in the Graduate Studies Program in the School of Civil Engineering and Environmental Science here at The University of Oklahoma! Both the OU and CEES applications must be received by the deadlines noted below. It usually takes 8 to 12 weeks for an application to be processed, therefore those who submit complete applications well in advance of these deadlines have a higher likelihood of receiving financial assistantships. Applications received after the deadline will be reviewed if time permits; however, late applicants run the risk of being deferred until the following semester. To view the Office of Graduate Admissions Website click here.
- OU Application for Admission (Online Application)
- Application Processing Fee
- Official University Transcript(s)
- Supplemental CEES Application for Graduate Study and Financial Support (Online Application)
- Statement of Goals or Purpose (500 words or less)
- Two letters of reference (Masters Degree) or three letters of reference (Doctoral Degree). Please request your references to comment on your knowledge of the following in addition to any other comments that would aid us in assessing your skills.
- engineering and scientific principles
- analytical abilities
- experimental abilities
- initiative and communication skills
- Official Graduate Records Examinations (GRE) scores. All scores must be five years old or less. Only original documents will be accepted.
- Ph.D. applicants submit a copy of your abstract from your thesis
Non-U.S. Citizens must also submit:
- Confidential Financial Statement
- Official TOEFL Report (Applicants are responsible for requesting ETS to submit the report)
All materials must be received on or before the dates below to be considered for admission for the following semester.
|U.S. Citizen ||Non U.S. Citizen|
|Fall Semester||January 15||January 15 |
|Spring Semester ||May 15||May 15|
Applicants will receive notification of application status by either March 1 for the fall semester or September 1 for the spring semester.
Both the OU Application and the CEES Supplemental Applications are now online. However, if you have questions, please contact Ms.Susan Williams, Graduate Secretary.
The University of Oklahoma
School of Civil Engineering and Environmental Science
334 Carson Engineering Center
202 W. Boyd St.
Norman, Oklahoma 73019
Attn: Ms. Susan Williams
srwilliams AT ou.edu