Online M.S. in Civil Engineering
The online M.S. degree in Civil Engineering is an accelerated, 32-credit hour program which can be completed in 21 months while working full-time. Students learn from top faculty and industry leaders in a flexible online learning environment. Coursework can be completed at a time and place most convenient to the student.
While all work is completed online, students are encouraged to interact with faculty and network with classmates via collaborative assignments and participation in online discussions. Successful completion of the degree allows graduates to count their education as one year’s experience toward obtaining professional licensure*. Upon graduation, students receive their master’s degree from a world-renowned institution and are welcomed into the vast and expansive Sooner alumni network.
* Varies by state; check your state licensing board.
Benefits of the Online M.S. in Civil Engineering
- Right Degree from a Top Engineering School – The importance of a graduate degree is increasing as the complexity of civil engineering projects continues to increase. OU offers this online program in key areas that are experiencing explosive growth. Earning your master’s degree from the Gallogly College of Engineering puts you in great company as the college is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as a top 100 Engineering school. Graduates gain access to the expansive and well-connected Sooner alumni network.
- Accelerated, Fully Online Program – The online M.S. program in Civil Engineering at OU allows you to complete your graduate degree while maintaining your full-time job. The curriculum has been developed for working adults and is delivered online – allowing you to complete your assignments when it is convenient for you. The highly accelerated format of the program allows you to learn new skills and earn your degree in less than two years.
- Applied, Practical Curriculum from Recognized Faculty – Armed with your undergraduate engineering degree, you have the broad perspective in the field of engineering – now it’s time to specialize. The OU program offers the opportunity to specialize in structural or geotechnical engineering, and it moves beyond the theoretical to an applied curriculum that will impact your current work immediately. The School of Civil Engineering and Environmental Science faculty are distinguished teachers and researchers, having received numerous national and local awards, including eight NSF CAREER Awards, one of the highest honors given to faculty. In addition to their academic credentials, CEES faculty have more than 180 years of combined industry experience, and the faculty chosen to teach the online curriculum use their significant industry experience to enhance the learning environment. In fact, more than 60% of CEES faculty are licensed professional engineers.
- Incredible Student Experience – The online graduate experience is not just listening to a series of recorded lectures, followed by online quizzes. Rather, modules in this program include both synchronous and asynchronous activities designed to mimic the experience students would have in an on-campus program, while allowing for the flexibility of an online program.