What is Engineering Physics?
Engineering physics is an interdisciplinary field of professionals with sufficient depth in both engineering skills and physics knowledge to relate fundamental physical principles to practical problems in engineering.
Why study engineering physics at OU?
- Small class sizes, attention to individual students
- Routine undergraduate and graduate student participation in cutting-edge research
- Strong research programs in a number of high profile areas, including:
- Condensed matter physics
- Atomic, molecular and optical physics
- High energy physics
Who is Engineering Physics right for?
- Students who want to be well prepared for immediate employment and/or graduate study in engineering, physics or applied sciences
- Students who hope to pursue careers in such interdisciplinary areas as nanotechnology
- Students who place equal value on the fundamental approach of physics and the practical approach of engineering