We're so excited that you're considering the University of Oklahoma. The first step on your path to becoming a Sooner is to apply! Each application is read thoroughly, thoughtfully, and fairly to evaluate all-around excellence in academics, the arts, athletics, leadership, service, citizenship, and character.
Engineering is the application of mathematics and science to develop products, processes, or systems that positively impact people’s lives.
Engineers turn ideas into reality. Engineers design products, build machinery, design and build factories to produce the products, discover new materials, use new materials in product development, and connect the world via highways, bridges, tunnels, and internet. Engineers also test and improve products, processes, and systems. They work closely with scientists in applying the new discoveries to improve products, processes, and systems to benefit the humankind.
If you like:
- Applying principles of math and science
- Problem solving using scientific principles
- Designing products, processes, and systems
- Challenging and intellectually stimulating career
- Helping improve the way we live
Then consider majoring in engineering, computer science, or environmental science.
Click on the image above to view the PDF in an online viewer.
Applicants must meet or exceed the University if Oklahoma Graduate College Requirements. Additionally applicants should check with each of the schools in the College of Engineering for more specific guidelines and requirements in each graduate degree and applicants must fill out an additional application with the College of Engineering.
To have a competitive application, applicants should meet or exceed:
- 3.2 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) for the most recent two years of their academic work
- Verbal GRE Score: 130-170
- Quantitative GRE Score: 130-170
- Analytical Writing GRE Score: 0.00-6.00
Previous research experience and publications will also be a significant factor in an applicant's evaluation, especially for Ph.D. programs. Recommendation letters and other demonstrations of academic and research skills will be taken into account as well.
Applications will be reviewed by the faculty in each program area.
Students are expected to participate fully and effectively in all classroom educational activities. For this reason, the University requires all students for whom English is not a native language to demonstrate satisfactory language proficiency by earning a score of 550 (written), 213 (computer based), 79 (IBT) or greater on the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) examination before being admitted. For more information about this exam, visit http://www.toefl.org.
- Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering Requirements
- Biomedical Engineering Requirements
- Chemical, Biological and Materials Engineering Requirements
- Civil Engineering & Environmental Science Requirements
- Computer Science Requirements
- Data Science and Analytics Requirements
- Electrical & Computer Engineering Requirements
- Industrial & Systems Engineering Requirements
- OU-Tulsa: Telecommunications Engineering Requirements
Still deciding? Schedule a visit
The best way to experience the Sooner family and learn about all that OU and the Gallogly College of Engineering is to visit our beautiful campus in Norman, Oklahoma!
While you're visiting, add a tour of the Gallogly College of Engineering to learn more about our programs and meet current engineering students, staff, and faculty. To schedule the tour, email firstname.lastname@example.org