Skip Navigation

Student Resources

Gallogly College of Engineering, School of Industrial and Systems Engineering, The University of Oklahoma website wordmark
Skip Side Navigation

Student Resources

The Williams Student Services Center serves prospective, first-time, continuing or graduating students as the “hub” for connecting with others, receiving guidance, and finding answers to your questions. Via this site you will be able to find basic information about academic programs and advising, scholarships, student groups, and organizations, diversity and multicultural programs, tutoring and mentorship, college events and graduation.

University of Oklahoma's Course Catalog

Undergraduate Advising

Transfer students are advised in the Williams Student Services Center. You can schedule an appointment by calling (405) 325-4096 or (800) 522-0722 ext. 4096. If you have not yet completed MATH 1823 or an equivalent course, you must take the math assessment before you can be advised. You can schedule the assessment with the Assessment and Learning Center (405) 325-4336.

You must also make an advising appointment with the School of Industrial and Systems Engineering transfer advisor by email or by telephone at (405) 325-3721. This should be scheduled as early as possible to facilitate transition into the new curriculum.

Current CoE students are assigned two advisors: College of Engineering Advisor (in Williams Student Services Center) and Faculty Advisor (in the School of ISE). All undergraduate industrial and systems engineering students are required to be advised by ISE faculty each semester to discuss their major coursework before they can enroll regardless of advising visits outside of ISE (e.g., University College, athletics department). 

All ISE advising appointments are coordinated by the Student Services Coordinator. They

will notify you by email when advising is open and who your assigned academic advisor is. You must follow the Advising instructions emailed to you each semester. To schedule your appointment you will log into iAdvise and select an open appointment with your assigned academic advisor, not your WSSC advisor. If you fail to schedule your appointment with the correct advisor your appointment will be cancelled. 

If you require a private appointment or need additional time you can contact teh School by email or by telephone at (405) 325-3721, or stop by the office in the Carson Engineering Center (CEC), Room 116. 

All advising sessions are held in the Carrol G. Webb Team Room, Carson Engineering Center (CEC) Room 217, unless otherwise stated. 

Your College of Engineering Advisor in WSSC will clear you for graduation. He/she is there to answer general education questions, graduation concerns, or other general information that you may have. You can reach your College of Engineering Advisor during walk-in times or by appointment in Felgar Hall, Room 112.

Graduate Advising

All research graduate students are required to be advised each semester by their major professor. Prior to selection of a faculty advisor, M.S. and Ph.D. students may be advised by the Graduate Liaison or by the Director. M.S. students taking the non-thesis option should be advised by the Graduate Liaison.

All ISE advising apointments are scheduled by the Student Services Coordinator. They will notify you when advising is open. You need to have your OU student ID and your schedule ready when making contact. Contact the School of ISE by email or by phone at (405) 325-3721.