Information Technology Council
Minutes for the Meeting of November 8, 1996
Members present: D. Brown, R. Dauffenbach, G. Green,
D. Hough, B. Mason, L. Portwood
Guests present: S. Lee, P. Weaver-Meyers, W. Stolt
- Pat Weaver-Meyer presented an overview of the use of UNCOVER
services for electronic delivery of journal materials. The pilot project with
Chemistry and Engineering is underway, and will give data regarding costs,
benefits, and usage. Issues that will be important for the ITC to consider include
increasing network load, access to this material across campus and off campus, and
shifts in costs of accessing material.
- Lisa Portwood presented the minutes of the Instructional subcommittee
meeting. The issues being addressed by this committee are:
- the questions that need to be included in a campus survey regarding teaching technology.
- progress reports of the TLI funding competition are being solicited.
- an event in mid semester is to be planned for demonstrating the results of the TLI funding.
- Bob Dauffenbach agreed to head a task force to develop a campus survey that will
be used in conjunction with a strategic planning exercise for use of technology on campus.