Information Technology Council
Minutes for the Meeting of December 6, 1996
Members present: E. Anderson, P. Bell, D. Brown, L. Colaw, G. Green,
C. Hudgin, B. Mason, J. Moore, L. Portwood, D. Trytten
- Bruce Mason announced that the University of Oklahoma is now a charter
member of the Internet 2 consortium. Lee Colaw discussed briefly the technical
- John Moore reported on the first meeting of the Administrative Computing
subcommittee. They met Nov. 14 to discuss goals and objectives. Marc Borish
was chosen as chair.
- Lisa Portwood reported on the TLI progress reports.
- Garrett Green reported on the meetings of the Student Technology Allocation
Committee. On Nov. 12 the committee met to organize, select Garrett Green and Bruce
Mason as co-chairs, and discuss concerns of students regarding technology. On Nov. 25
the committee heard a report from Lee Colaw on budgeting of student fee money and
DCTS structure and plans.
- Dale Brown reported on the meeting of the Network Admin subcommittee. The
most important issue addressed was communication between DCTS and LAN administrators.
A meeting is being planned between ITC, DCTS, and the LAN administrators on campus.
There was also discussion of a listserv informing administrators of policy issues.
- Bruce Mason reported on the first meeting of the strategic planning task force. Presented
was an outline of the survey process that will be used, and some of the issues involved.