Information Technology Council
Minutes for the Meeting of September 21, 1996
Members present: E. Anderson, D. Brown, L. Colaw, R. Dauffenbach,
D. Hough, B. Mason, J. Moore, L. Portwood, D. Roberts, W. Ray,
C. Stockdale, D. Trytten
- New members to the ITC, Bob Dauffenbach, Deborah Trytten,
and Chris Stockdale were introduced. Lisa Portwood was re-appointed
as a staff member of the Council.
- ITC members were asked to express their preferences for standing
- The organization of the Student Fee Allocation Committee was
discussed. Lisa Portwood requested that staff be represented
on this committee. Eric Anderson and Deborah Trytten expressed
an interest in being faculty representatives in this effort.
- Draft policies for e-mail, web pages, and general technology
access were distributed. These are to be completed and referred
to the administration and legislative bodies this semester. Lee
Colaw pointed out the importance of these policies due to the
35-40 thousand e-mail accounts now on campus, and that space for
personal web pages will soon be available.
- The creation of policy and planning strategies will be an
important goal for the ITC this year. There was general discussion
of models for these efforts. The need for baseline information
in decision making was discussed. A group consisting of Bob Dauffenbach,
John Moore, Chris Stockdale, and Bruce Mason agreed to look into
surveying the campus for current infrastructure and needs. The
importance of giving positive reasons to respond to such a survey
- Dan Hough reminded the Council that four candidates for Provost
were being interviewed over the next two weeks, and urged members
to attend the open forums.
- Lee Colaw reported that 115 computers had been sold in the
hardware program that DCTS has arranged, and a service representative
is now available on campus.