Composites Research Group, Spring 2013
Our facilities are located at the main campus in Norman, OK.
Our research is focused on
- Manufacturing of composite parts by traditional autoclave molding, resin transfer molding (RTM) and vacuum assisted resin transfer molding (VARTM)
- Characterization of resin flow during resin transfer molding
- Characterization of composite microstructure and micro defects and their spatial distribution
- Fabrication and characterization of nanocomposites containing clay, carbon-nanotubes and nanofibers
- Theoretical and experiental investigation of short fiber distribution in injection molded composites