P SC 1113: American Federal Government
Course Description: A study of the structure, organization and powers of the executive, legislative and judicial branches including relationships between state and national governments. Emphasis upon political processes and popular government; elections, political parties, pressure groups, voting behavior.
Dates of the online course: July 8 - August 1
|Eligibility||Option 1||Option 2|
|High school senior||24 ACT or 1160 SAT||3.00 GPA & top 33.3%*|
- *Students must have a 19 ACT on the reading section or 510 Evidence based reading and writing SAT.
- Student must have a 3.0 unweighted high school GPA in order to be eligible.
- Home schooled students and students from unaccredited high schools shall have completed enough high school coursework to be equivalent to an individual who is classified as a junior or senior at an accredited high school.
- Option 2 is not available to home school or unaccredited high school graduates.
|American Federal Government||$0||$240||$240|
How to Apply
- Discuss the Concurrent Enrollment program with your high school counselor or principal. Your principal or counselor will need to support your application.
- Apply! Submit an online application for admission
- Click 'Create an account' under 'First-time users'
- Check your email for your temporary PIN
- Click 'Activate your account' in your email
- Create new password
- Click 'Start New Application'
- Select 'Concurrent Enrollment Application 2019'
- Send important documents to OU. Before your application can be reviewed, OU must receive the following items. Please mail or drop of these materials to the Office of Admissions & Recruitment (address below) once the online application is submitted:
Your OUNet Account is your key to accessing OU’s technology resources, such as e-mail, enrollment and grades, course materials, computer labs and OU Libraries resources. Set yours up today and check it regularly.
- Visit account.ou.edu
- Click 'I'm New to OU Setup Account'
- Activate your account here and follow the instructions
- Enter your Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Enter your Sooner ID
- You will be taken to a page where your 4x4 (OUNet ID) is and you will create a password.
- Be sure to remember your OUNet ID and password
- You can now access your ou.edu email
- Log in with your OUNet ID (4x4) and password at outlook.office365.com
- OU IT automatically assigned you an email address (First.MI.Lastfirstname.lastname@example.org) upon admission. This can be changed within your account settings. For instructions visit ou.edu/ouit/new
2. Take your Mandatory Online Training
In accordance with federal law and university policy, you must successfully complete the following online training in order to enroll.
- Visit onpoint.ou.edu
- Sign in with your 4x4 and password
- Click 'Take Required Training'
- Complete all of the required trainings
3. Be advised and enroll in the American Federal Government course
In order to be advised and enroll in the course, please email Haley Lee at email@example.com.
Need Help? Contact us at (405)-325-5050.