The Position Control Detail reports funding, expenses, budget revisions, and payroll expense transfers, but not maintenance and operations budgets. The projected expenditures for filled positions (encumbrances) result from standard calculations. The report provides:
- Line-item recording and maintenance of the salary budget, including detailed historical data.
- Line-item recording of salary commitments and expenditures.
- Line-item and summary comparisons of budgeted, committed and expended funds.
- All payroll expenditures charged to each position number within each department and any adjustments that may have occurred through payroll expense transfers.
- The amount of funding budgeted to each position and all adjustments through budget revisions.
- The projected expenditure for each position.
- The projected fund balance of each position through fiscal year-end.
The Position Control Detail and the Financial Services reports are related, and the university relies on this information for financial projections, reviews, and reports. Department sponsors are responsible for the information that applies to their department(s) and should ensure that the information is correct. If inconsistencies appear, the department sponsor should reconcile the differences within each account code.