System map details CART routes
CART fixed-route buses run six Norman city routes and three University of Oklahoma campus routes on weekdays and most Saturdays. CART also operates a commuter route, the Sooner Express, to Oklahoma City Monday through Friday.
Click here to see CART's system map.
2014 CART service schedule
Click here to access the CART Service PDF detailing routes that operate during regular service and those that operate during alternate service.
DATES OF ALTERNATE SCHEDULE
• Jan. 2-10 • March 17-21 • May 12-30 • All of June and July
• Aug. 1-15 • Oct. 10 • Nov. 26 and 28 • Dec. 24-31
• Dec. 24 and 31 (service ends at 6 p.m.)
DATES OF NO SERVICE
• Jan. 1 and 20 • May 26 • July 4 • Aug. 30 • Sept. 1 and 13
• Oct. 18 • Nov. 8, 22, 27 and 29 • Dec. 25
Alternate Schedule and no service
CART prides itself on operating year-round public transportation service in Norman. However, certain periods necessitate an Alternate Schedule or not operating at all. Since some routes are primarily utilized by OU students, CART conserves resources during instances of Alternate Schedule by operating as efficiently as possible. All but three of the CART fixed routes remain the same during Alternate Schedule.
Routes that operate the same year-round, during Regular Schedule and Alternate Schedule: Main Street (10); Lindsey East (11); Lindsey West (12); West Norman Link (20); Alameda/East Norman (21); Sooner Express (24); Apartment Loop (32); Social Security (44).
Routes with different service during Regular and Alternate Schedule:
• Lloyd Noble Center (LNC) Shuttle — combines with Research Shuttle during Alternate Schedule.
• Research Shuttle — combines with LNC Shuttle during Alternate Schedule.
• Campus Loop — no service during Alternate Schedule.
• Late-Night Flex — runs at 9:05 p.m. only Monday through Friday.
CART does not operate on OU home football game days because traffic congestion on those days makes providing quality transportation on a timely schedule impossible. To help alleviate parking congestion on OU home football game days, shuttle service is provided from Lloyd Noble Center and Westheimer Airport to a stop near the Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium. Cost is $3 per rider for a round trip.
The shuttles begin three hours before each game. Shuttles from the LNC continue until one hour after the game or until the line of fans has dispersed. One shuttle travels to Westheimer Airport about 30 minutes after the game.
The 2014 OU home games are: Aug. 30; Sept. 13; Oct. 18; Nov. 8 and 22; and Dec. 6.