Students complete 124-hours of coursework, which represent a four-year degree program. The documents below contain specific information about the Special Education program and applications for field experiences.
- Special Education Degree Sheet
- General Education Requirements: 55 Hours
- Professional Education Requirements: 25 Hours
- Specialized Education Requirements: 44 Hours
- Special Education Four-Year Plan-of-Study
- This plan indicates when the various Special Education courses are scheduled.
- Special Education Field Experience Forms
Becoming Highly Qualified in Early Childhood, Elementary, or Secondary Education
To be considered a “Highly Qualified Teacher” under the State of Oklahoma standards, students are encouraged to take additional courses to obtain certification in other teaching fields. Early in their programs, students discuss their career goals with their advisors to plan necessary coursework and field experiences. More information can be found at the Certification Examination for Oklahoma Educators website. To obtain more information about Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary certification and needed coursework, download the “Highly Qualified” document and discuss career plans with your education academic advisor.