Lock Shop Services
The Facilities Management Lock Shop provides a variety of services to the University community. These services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing keys for desks, file cabinets, doors, exit alarms, safes, and other miscellaneous locks.
- Installing door closers, panic devices, magnetic locks, electronic locks, card-access locks, push-button locks, and locks for file cabinets, desks, safes, and cabinets.
- Providing master keying information and consultation.
- Providing security advice.
For service, call Customer Service at (405) 325-3060.
Facilities Management Lock Shop issues keys for buildings, offices, classrooms, storerooms, and laboratories. Keys may not be duplicated outside the University.
The following keys are available:
- Individual Room or Building Entrance Key - most faculty and staff will require both of these keys.
- Submaster Key - opens a suite of rooms in a building.
- Master Key - opens most of the rooms in a building with the exception of restricted and mechanical rooms.
Building keys may be acquired by two methods:
Customers may call Facilities Management Customer Service at (405)325-3060 to obtain a work order. The keys may be picked up during normal Lock Shop hours, noon-2:00 p.m., Monday-Friday. If desired, keys will be delivered for a nominal charge. If the customer picks up the key(s), the person picking up the key(s) must show a photo ID in order to collect the key(s).
If a department has a yearly key work order, a completely filled out key request card (available from Lock Shop) can be taken to the Lock Shop during key pick-up hours, noon-2:00 p.m., Monday-Friday, and the key(s) can be made while you wait. If more than ten keys are requested, the card may be mailed to the Lock Shop and you will be notified when the keys are ready to pick up. The key request card must be signed by one of the people assigned to authorize keys for your department. In addition, the person picking up the key(s) must show a photo ID to collect the key(s).