Accessing the Collection
Faculty may use the permanent collection, including works not on view, to enhance student understanding of course topics. For works not on view, the Registration department will facilitate the visit. To schedule a class visit, please call the Curator of Academic Programs at 325-5990. For questions regarding the permanent collection, please call the Registration department at 325-5388. Faculty interested in using the collections in this way are asked to:
- Discuss with the Registration staff the purpose for the request as well as a list of the particular works to be viewed. The Registrar, based on the needs of the faculty, can provide a checklist.
- Give a three-weeks notice of the class visit.
- Read the full list of policies and procedures, which includes the list of prohibited items.
- Provide a class roster to the Curator of Academic Programs in advance of the visit to facilitate check-in.
- Understand that for viewing purposes, class sizes need to remain at twenty students or less (six students or less for entering storage areas).
- Keep the limit for works of art to be viewed at one time to thirty.
Faculty and students with research questions may see collection objects not on view. To begin this process, please contact the Curator of Academic Programs. The same policies and procedures apply to individual researchers.