Connect with us and get updates about important events and success tips.
As you enroll, Think 15!
Taking less than 15 hours per semester may require additional semesters, time and expense.
There has been a common misconception among many students that 12 hours is a full academic load, when in fact most degree programs require 120 hours or more for graduation. This averages out to about 15 hours each semester.
So, as you make a plan to complete your degree requirements, Think 15! Take 15 hours or more to stay on track for graduation. Taking less than 15 hours per semester may require additional semesters and added time and expense. Most importantly, the longer you are in college the more likely you are to leave without earning a degree which could really cost you.
So, as you enroll for the upcoming semester - Think 15!
Watch the Think 15 Video!
Stay on Track - Top 15 ways to Graduate A Sooner!
15. Use the Graduation Planner to navigate OU and plan for success!
14. Join a Student Organization and engage in campus life
13. Ask for help if you need it! Contact OU Cares
12. Look into summer school and intersession options to help stay on track
11. Learn to balance personal and academic endeavors
10. Track your progress toward graduation with Degree Navigator
9. Know the details of your degree requirement sheet
8. Use these resources to thoughtfully choose or affirm your major
7. Take advantage of free tutoring
6. Go to your professor's office hours
5. Utilize the resources available to you
3. Go to Class!
2. Enroll in 15 hours or more each semester
1. Consult your academic advisor to make a plan for graduation
Just remember - enrollment of less than 15 hours per semester may require additional semesters or other alternatives to graduate on time.