Read what's happening in Outreach
OU Outreach - Transforming Lives
See what OU Outreach has to offer learners of all ages
— we have what you're looking for!
It’s All About Transformations
In a fast paced, constantly changing world, it’s hard to keep up. Individuals, organizations, businesses, communities, and others have relied on OU Outreach to assist in their transformation. Let OU Outreach help you transform your career, your life, your future.
Nationally recognized, OU Outreach extends the University of Oklahoma’s educational resources through more than 30 different program formats, annually offering about 3,000 courses and activities to more than 200,000 nontraditional students wherever they are.
OU Outreach offers credit and noncredit programs, services, educational opportunities—all in flexible formats and designed to accommodate the hectic schedules of nontraditional learners. Programs are held on campus, online, and at locations in Oklahoma and throughout the world.
Gain the skills you need to succeed. Find your program now.
OU Outreach offers a diverse array of programs for everyone from professionals seeking career training to teachers wanting to advance curricular skills to individuals just hoping to learn something new. Here are some of the many programs available:
- Economic Development Institute
- Executive Training and Team Development
- Advanced Placement for Teachers
- Professional Development / Career Training
- Personal Enrichment / Lifelong Learning
- Certification / Noncredit Programs
- Osher Lifelong Learning
- Substance Abuse Prevention Services
- Native Health and Wellness
- Youth Academic Programs and Day Camps
- Youth and Family Training and Technical Assistance
Youth Academic Programs
OU Outreach offers a variety of programs during the academic year in day camps and test preparation. Whether it's exploring the world of architecture, forensic science, technology, aviation, or meteorology, there is something for every age.
Check out these exciting programs offered to youth entering grades 1st - 12th. Learn more...
Grants and Partnerships
A significant part of OU Outreach are the many grant and contract programs provided for federal, state, regional, and local entities and addressing broad social, professional, and educational concerns. Just a few of these activities include:
- Central Comprehensive Center and South Central Comprehensive Center (funded by U.S. Department of Education) to support improvement of educational outcomes
- Employment Consultant Training to equip job coaches working with individuals with significant disabilities (funded through the Department of Rehabilitation Services)
- Provision of instructors and support personnel for the USPS National Center for Employee Development (funded by U.S. Postal Service)
In addition, OU Outreach’s Grants and Partnerships office develops programs, services, and activities through new and expanded partnerships and funding development.