Our mentoring program is designed to provide you with a personal mentor who has years of demonstrated success as an economic development professional.
Your mentor will guide you through your OU EDI program of study and help prepare you for success in the profession. They will be your personal career counselor and professional resource.
No other institution or organization in the nation offers economic development training and provides this type of service to its participants.
Some of the benefits the mentor can provide to you include:
- Discuss and help structure your program of study to meet your professional goals
- Discuss other training, conferences and activities you should pursue to better prepare you for an ED career
- Help you to understand the certification (CEcD) process and how best to prepare for it
- Help you develop effective professional networks
- Discuss ideas, projects and challenges within your community
- Support and discuss your career decisions
- Provide information and resource ideas that may help you in your work place
- Facilitate small, peer-group discussions during which you can exchange your experiences and challenges
- Provide names of individuals who may offer expertise and assistance to help guide you in your professional growth
Your mentor will meet with you during each OU EDI session and is available through email or a phone call throughout the year.