OU EDI Online
OU EDI is the only professional level program of its type in the U.S. to be offered online.
OU EDI’s online courses run 8 weeks with one or two new topics being covered each week. The classes incorporate readings from the IEDC manuals, videos and useful web links to delve into the various topics. You will have regular homework assignments consisting of exercises with fill-in-the-blank, multiple choice or essay questions that are completed in Word documents and turned in to the instructor by specified deadlines. Students also participate by posting questions and answers on the class discussion board and participating on occasional conference calls for live interaction.
By enrolling in OU EDI online, you eliminate the need for extensive travel budgets and time out of the office!
Who Should Attend
- If you are a community leader such as a businessman or an elected official, who need to become proficient in a given topic area OU EDI -Online will benefit you by providing you knowledge to perform more effectively. Also the curriculum of courses will prepare you for a possible future career in the field.
- If you are a specialist, a researcher, or an agency staff person OU EDI- Online will enable you to broaden your expertise.
- If you are a professional economic developer, the OU EDI –Online program will apply towards your OU EDI graduation and towards your IEDC educational requirements to set for the CEcD exam.
Course Costs & Fees
- Registration Fee for each of the OU/EDI-Online Courses
IEDC Members: $595.00
Non-IEDC Members: $645.00
Registration fee includes a $50.00 non refundable processing fee.
- Registration fees are payable to the University of Oklahoma and are due prior to the start of the course.
- The $50 IEDC non-member fee may be credited toward the first year’s membership in IEDC provided this opportunity is exercised within a twelve (12) month period after the week long session’s completion.
- You may register up to the start of the course.
You will be required to have the 2011 edition of the IEDC Training Manual for the course you are enrolling in. It is your study guide and reading material and is a required part of the course.
The training manual can be ordered through the following links:
Qualified substitutions will be accepted at any time. There will be no refunds issued for non participation or cancellations received 0-6 days prior to start of the course.
Cancellations must be received in writing.
One week prior to the start of the course you will be sent your login information via email for the course.
TECHNICAL INFORMATION – PLEAE READ BEFORE ENROLLING
Recommended hardware is Windows 2000, XP or Vista, sound capable. The minimum requirement is Windows 98, sound capable. Mac users need Mac OS X G3, sound capable; the minimum requirement is Mac OS 9 G3, sound capable.
Recommended screen resolution is 1024 x 768; the minimum required screen resolution is 800 x 600
Recommended Hi speed Broadband or Cable; the minimum requirement is a 56k Modem
Application recommended is Microsoft Word.
Browsers – it is beneficial to stay current with the latest browsers to ensure the best possible web experience.
For more information, please contact us
OU Economic Development Institute
Center for Business and Economic Development
Please note that most OU/EDI correspondence is done via email, so be sure you provide your email address.