- Can I order my permit online?
Yes, with the exception of Graduate Assistant, Vendor, Short-term and Visitor. We encourage everyone to order online. See "Manage Your Parking Account" at right. Your permit can be mailed to you or you can pick it up from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays at 1107 Elm Ave. in Stubbeman Place.
- What is the cost of a permit?
Prices vary depending on the type of permit. Student permits: Commuter, Housing, Priority Housing, Sooner Housing and Commuter Law permits cost $226 for the academic year, Aug. 15 to May 15. Evening permits are $80 for the academic year. Faculty/staff cost $256 for one year, Aug. 15 to Aug. 15; motorcycle permits are $44 for one year. Reserved parking permits in Elm Avenue and Asp Avenue parking facilities are available on a first-come basis for $1027 for one year, Aug. 15 to Aug. 15. Additional permits will be detailed in the booklet, "Parking and Traffic Regulations, (PDF)".
- Can I get a refund for my permit? Yes. You can get a full refund for your permit if you return it within the first two weeks of fall semester classes. After that the refunds are pro-rated for the unused portion of the permit.
- Can I purchase a permit for just one semester? No. Permit prices are prorated the 15th of each month. For example, if you would like to purchase a commuter or housing permit for second semester only, then your cost after Jan. 15 will be approximately $100.50. The permit will be valid until May 15.
- How can I pay for a parking permit?
Most students may purchase a permit online. It will be charged to your bursar's account or you may pay with a credit card. Faculty and staff may purchase online and pay by credit card or through payroll deduction, if they are benefits eligible. All others may pay by cash, personal check or credit card in the parking office at 1107 Elm Ave. in Stubbeman Place.
- May I use my permit in another vehicle?
Yes. Hang tags may be transferred from vehicle to vehicle, but not from person to person. If the permit is used in an unauthorized lot for that permit, the owner of the permit is responsible for the citation.
- Why are parking passes so expensive?
Parking & Transportation Services at the University of Oklahoma is a self-supporting entity, relying solely on user fees for all construction, maintenance, and operation of parking facilities.
- How many parking permits are issued each year?
Faculty/staff: 4,211. Graduate assistants: 201. Students: 10,726. These numbers are estimates.