Read the 2014/2015 issue of the OU Parking and Traffic Regulations booklet by clicking here.
Parking Spaces and Garages
- Where can visitors park on campus? With a visitor permit, they can park in any visitor space or at parking meters and permitted lots, although not in the reserved parking spaces.
- How many parking spaces are on campus? There are a total of 16,375 parking spaces on the Norman campus. *Please note that this number changes daily due to construction projects on campus.
- How many parking spaces are designated for students? There are approximately 10,650 spaces (10,050 surface spaces and 600 garage spaces) designated to student parking.
- How many parking spaces are open during the day? There are approximately 100 parking spaces available during peak daytime hours. The majority of these spaces are located in the Duck Pond lot and the old athletics dorm lot east of the stadium, accessible from Lindsey St.
- Where is motorcycle parking? Motorcycle parking is provided throughout the campus and spaces are reflected on our parking map with a motorcycle symbol.
- I have a permit, but I can't find a place to park. What do I do? We recommend utilizing the Duck Pond lot, a large multi-purpose lot with spaces available. The lot is located east of the football stadium (MP4 on your parking map). Another parking lot with available parking is the old athletics dorm lot located east of the stadium, accessible from Lindsey St. Familiarize yourself with parking lots where your permit allows you to park close to your campus destitation. The lots are detailed on the map here (PDF).
- If I don't have a permit, how can I get to campus? You may park permit-free on the north central side of the Lloyd Noble Center and ride the Cleveland Area Rapid Transit (CART) bus to the South Oval. The non-stop shuttle service from the LNC to the South Oval runs every 5 to 10 minutes from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. and every 20 minutes from 6 to 9 p.m. Visit the CART website at www.rideCART.com.
- Can I park at the Lloyd Noble Center if I don't have a permit? You do not need a permit to park in one of 1,200 spaces reserved for CART bus riders, although you must ride the CART shuttle to park in the reserved area. This area is on the north central side of the Lloyd Noble Center. Elsewhere at the LNC, permits are required.
- How many garages are on campus? How many parking spaces are in them? There are three garages on campus. The garage adjacent to the Oklahoma Memorial Union is not operated by Parking & Transportation Services. It is operated by the OMU administration. The parking space breakdown for the two garages we operate: Elm Avenue Parking Facility, 576; Asp Avenue Parking Facility, 724.
- Are there any parking garages where I can pay by the hour? Both of our facilities have parking meters located on the first ramp for hourly use. The Elm Avenue Parking Facility has four-hour meters and the Asp Avenue Parking Facility has two-hour parking meters.
- Why don't you build underground garages? The cost per space is more than double that of an above ground garage parking space ($45,000 per space vs. $15,000 per space). In addition, the maintenance is higher due to ventilation and sprinkler systems.