Students: Log into OrgSync with your 4+4 to serve all your student organization needs, browse student organizations to join, or to see what's happening on campus.
SafeRide Voucher Program
The SafeRide program provides safe, free taxi transportation to OU students within the Norman city limits (outlined below). Each voucher will provide free transportation for that weekend on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings from 10 p.m. to 3 a.m. See the information below for more details.
VOUCHER PICKUP HOURS:
SafeRide vouchers will be available for pickup Monday through Friday noon to 7:00 p.m. when the University is open. Please see below for any changes in the schedule.
SafeRide distribution hours for Thanksgiving weekend (Nov. 26-28):
Monday, November 23, 2015 / Noon - 7 p.m.
Tuesday, November 24, 2015 / Noon – 7 p.m.
Wednesday, November 25, 2015 / Noon – 7 p.m.
Thursday, November 26, 2015 / CLOSED
Friday, November 27, 2015 / CLOSED
SafeRide will resume regular distribution hours on November 30, 2015.
HOW TO USE:
- Come by the University of Oklahoma Student Government Association (SGA) offices located in the Conoco Wing of the Oklahoma Memorial Union (OMU), located off the OMU courtyard, room 181 Monday through Friday noon to 7:00 p.m. to pick up your SafeRide vouchers!
- Bring your student ID to verify you're a current OU student. You will receive wallet-sized vouchers for that current weekend. Add them to your wallet, purse, backpack, etc.
- When you are out Thursday, Friday and/or Saturday evening(s) from 10:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m., use the voucher for a free, safe, non-judgmental ride.
- Either hail a cab at your leisure or call either cab company, Yellow Cab or Airport Express, (phone numbers located on the back of the voucher) for your free ride!
- Once the cab arrives, submit your voucher and student ID to the cab driver. The driver will keep the voucher as payment for the ride (like a gift card) and take you to your requested location.
- That's it!
- The two vendors participating in the OU SafeRide program are Yellow Cab of Norman and Airport Express of Oklahoma City. Vouchers may only be used with these two vendors.
- Vouchers are good for the weekend noted on the top right corner.
- One voucher is needed per drop-off location (destination).
- Only one voucher is needed for you and your friends to travel to the same drop-off location (destination). (Multiple drop-off locations require multiple vouchers.)
- The SafeRide program operates within the city limits of Norman, OK: not to extend beyond Tecumseh Road on the North, Cedar Lane on the South, West 48th Street, and East 36th Street.
- Vouchers are accepted Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings from 10:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. (It is prohibited to use vouchers outside of these operational dates and hours.)
- It is prohibited to "tip" drivers with vouchers. It is also prohibited for drivers to request more vouchers than the required one per drop-off location. Please report any cases to email@example.com.