Exclusive University Contracts
The following information is provided to registered student organizations in order that they comply with the agreements and contracts between the University Board of Regents and private companies.
- On July 1, 1998, the University of Oklahoma and Coca-Cola Company entered into an exclusive beverage agreement. This agreement states that no competitive beverages will be sold, distributed, offered for sampling, advertised or promoted on campus.
- The contract approves the sale or distribution of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Surge, Frutopia, Minute Maid, H2OU, water products PowerAde and various other Coke products. Contact Food Services (325-6851) for the complete list of available products and for information about products to resell.
- OU has agreed that all beverages sold or distributed will be in approved cups. Coke will have the opportunity to match any bona fide offers for such things as souvenir cups. Contact Terry Peters, Great Plains Bottling Company (280-2246) if your group is interested in using a printed cup.
- Examples of restricted products include, but are not limited to, the sale or distribution of Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Dr Pepper and other packaged water products.
- The agreement does not restrict the sale of unbranded coffees, teas, and hot chocolate as long as the sale does not include sponsorship or advertising of the product. For further information contact Deborah Wollenberg, Vending Contract Administrator (325-6041) or Dave Annis, Food Service Administrator (325- 6851).
T-SHIRT AND OTHER NOVELTY SALES AGREEMENT:
- On August 24, 1998, the University of Oklahoma and Follett College Stores entered into a contract for exclusive athletic merchandise sales. This agreement gives Follett the right to buy, sell and distribute merchandise traditionally found in college bookstores. The agreement does not give the exclusive right to sell Greek "crested" items or paraphernalia.
- Follett has opportunities for student organizations to raise funds by selling t-shirts and other novelty items for a percentage of gross sales on game days and during other special events. For more information about this opportunity contact Gary Madole, Bookstore Manager (325-3511).
- For further information about the T-shirt and novelty sales contract contact Deborah Wollenberg, Contract Administrator (325-6041).
- If your organization regularly prints and sells t-shirts you may want to contact Gary Madole as listed on the guideline sheet. Groups who have t-shirts printed for a special event are not precluded from these sales. However, the bookstore may be of assistance in this process as well.