1. Lock your door whenever you leave your room for ANY length of time.
2. Secure your vehicle. Close all windows and lock doors.
3. Never prop open any door.
4. Protect all valuables in your room, such as wallets, jewelry, credit cards, cash and computers. Do not leave valuables or cash in plain view.
5. Protect your books and put your name in them. Do not leave them in public places.
6. Do not loan your keys to anyone.
7. Never put your name or address on your key rings.
8. Take all valuable items home with you during vacations.
9. When in a public place, keep valuable possessions out of sight. If you must leave an area for any length of time, take personal items with you.
10. Promptly report any thefts so a thorough investigation can be performed.