Join our variety of social channels to keep up with all the latest happenings and activities.
General Assessment Information: The UC Assessment Center offers entry-level computerized placement testing in math, writing skills, and reading on a walk-in basis on Monday through Friday from 8:15 am to 3:30 pm in Wagner Hall 270. No appointment is required and tests are not timed. Examinees should allow at least one hour for each test. Placement tests can be taken twice per semester.
We are closed for University Holidays and for occasional maintenance/meetings (so please call to ensure we'll be open for your exam seating). If you are interested in remote placement testing, please see our Remote Testing Information Sheet (PDF).
TESTING CANCELED, July 25 (noon) to July 28 (noon) for software upgrades
More Assessment Information: Upon entering University College, many students will be required to take placement tests (for most, we use a program called COMPASS), so we can assess the appropriate level of course they should be enrolled in. Typically, students are required to take these tests if their ACT/SAT subscores in a particular area do not qualify them for either a college-level course or the level of course they desire to get into. Please use the resources below to review the material before taking any of the placement tests at our Assessment Center.
Contact us with any questions: (405) 325-4336, email@example.com, Wagner Hall 270
Review Guides and Test Preparation
- COMPASS Testing Overview (pdf)
- COMPASS Math Placement Test (pdf)
- COMPASS Reading Placement Test (pdf)
- COMPASS English/Writing Test (pdf)
- Placement test sample questions can be viewed here.
- MyMathTest is an online tool to help you prepare for taking, or retaking, our COMPASS Math placement tests. Provided free for OU students, this program will help students save money by placing them into the highest Math course possible at OU, matched to their skill level.To get started, see the OU MyMathTest Guide (PDF document).
Non-University College Assessment Services
The following tests and services are provided at other locations on the Norman campus:
ACT, SAT, GRE, LSAT, and GMAT
Counseling and Testing
TOEFL and GAELS
Graduate Assistant English Language
|CLEP and AP Exams||Independent Study||405.325.1921|
|English as Second Language||Norman Adult Learning Center||405.325.5812, x 26|