Majors and Careers
Need help deciding on a major that fits your interests, skills and career goals? Using our interest assessment tests and expert knowledge of OU majors and careers, our Major Exploration Coaches will help you discover your options and decide on an academic major. Finding and declaring a major should be a thoughtful process and we offer a variety of free resources to help:
- Free, online and in-office career assessments
- Worksheets for identifying interests, values, and skills
- Knowledge of helpful online resources
- Walk-in and by-appointment sessions to:
- Interpret assessment outcomes
- Identify academic and occupational relationships (which majors lead to which jobs)
- Discuss decision-making influences (e.g. what’s holding you back?)
- Seminars and presentations for your student groups or organizations
- Annual Majors/Minors Fair
Students may meet, for free,
with any of our Major Exploration Coaches:
Stephen Crynes - Director of the Assessment Center. Stephen has a B.A. in History, M.ED in Student Affairs and is working on a PhD in Higher Education Administration. He worked in both the non-profit and corporate world before returning to the world of Higher Education.
Jamie Farmer - Major Exploration Coach. Jamie got her Bachelor's degree from OU in Business Administration with an emphasis in Marketing. After gaining experience and wisdom from the business world, Jamie returned to OU to complete her Master's degree in Adult and Higher Education in May 2012.
Myron Jacobs - Major Exploration Coach. Myron received his Bachelor's degree from OU in Human Relations. He has worked in several departments on campus and is focused on making the OU experience better for all. He is currently pursuing a Master's Degree in Public Administration with a concentration on Organizational Leadership.
Define your own road in life.