Join our variety of social channels to keep up with all the latest happenings and activities.
Majors and Careers
Trouble Choosing A Major?
Dr. Crynes exploring majors with a student
Need help deciding on a major that fits your interests, skills and career goals? Using our interest assessment tests and expert knowledge of OU majors and careers, our Major Exploration Coaches will help you discover your options and decide on an academic major. Finding and declaring a major should be a thoughtful process and we offer a variety of free resources to help:
- Free, online and in-office career assessments
- Worksheets for identifying interests, values, and skills
- Knowledge of helpful online resources
- Walk-in and by-appointment Major Coaching to:
- Interpret assessment outcomes
- Identify academic and occupational relationships (which majors lead to which jobs)
- Discuss decision-making influences (e.g. what’s holding you back?)
- Seminars and presentations for your student groups or organizations
- Annual Majors/Minors Fair
Major Exploration Coaches
Dr. Stephen Crynes
Director of the Center for Major Exploration
Stephen has a B.A. in History, M.ED in Student Affairs and a PhD in Higher Education Administration, and is a Certified Career Develoopment Facilitator. He worked in both the non-profit and corporate world before returning to the world of Higher Education. Stephen is also an instructor for the Gateway to College Learning, Strategies for Success, Choosing A Major and Exploring Careers courses.
Major Exploration Coach
Dustye received her Bachelor's degree from OU in English LIterary and Cultural Studies in 2009. After working in healthcare at the OUHSC, Dustye returned to OU to become a PreMedical Health Professions advisor for two years. She is pursuing her Master's Degree in Human Relations with an emphasis in counseling.
OU Resources and Links
- Define your own road in life: http://roadtripnation.com/