Macromolecular Crystallography Laboratory (MCL)
The MCL provides all necessary resources for structure determination of macromolecules. Services range from conduction initial crystallization trials to single crystal x-ray diffraction and structure determination of macromolecular molecules (proteins and nucleic acids). We provide help and guidance from initial crystallization trials to a completed structure for internal and external research groups.
Services (fee based)
- Crystallization of macromolecules
- Production of optimization crystallization screens
- Single crystal X-ray diffraction data collection and processing for macromolecules
- Structure determination of macromolecules
- Deposition of structural data
- Training in all aspects of crystal growth, X-ray data collection, structure solution and refinement
Instruments (fee based)
- Rigaku MicroMax 007HF microfocus X-ray generator.
- Dectris Pilatus 200K silicon pixel detector mounted on a AFC11 4-axis goniometer.
- Oxford CryosystemsCryostream 700 Series is utilized for low temperature data collection
- Rigaku RAXIS IV++ image plate detector
- Linux workstations using HKL3000R from HKL Research, Inc.
- LN2 dewars are available for long-term crystal storage
- TTP Labtech Mosquito nanoliter liquid handler
- Art Robbins Instruments Scorpion liquid handler
- Rigaku DT Minstrel Imager and plate hotel
- Leica M205 with MC170HD digital camera
- Various microscopes