- Upcoming Events
- Faculty Fellows Programs
- Syllabus Templates and Resources
- New Faculty Orientation
- New Faculty Seminar Series
- Teaching Assistant Orientation
- Development for International Teaching Assistants
- DITA Academy
- Graduate Teaching Academy
- Event Attendance Portal
- Course Observation Search Portal
OU Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE) strikes to provides excellent services to all faculty at OU to provide the best education to OU students.
Please contact us if you have a need for any of the following areas:
Technology moves at a rapid pace. We are dedicated to keeping up with current technologies, specifically technologies that can be utilized in an academic setting to support teaching and learning. Our goal is to provide you with advice and recommendations on all types of academic technologies. CTE's academic technology consultant can:
- Help conceptualize, discover and implement various technologies into your curriculum.
- Aid you in discovering and evaluating apps, websites, research software and all forms of digital content.
- Educate you in the use of audio/video recording devices, screen capture software, and software programs.
- Enhance your ability to create multimedia content using software such as Keynote, Photoshop, iBooks Author
- Support all aspects of your electronic course content delivery on D2L and iTunes U course manager.
- Assist you with your online academic presence using wordpress, website tools or academia.edu.
Academic Technology Consulting Examples
We have worked with faculty on a variety of academic technology projects. Here are a few examples of questions we receive:
"I would like for my students to use the first day of class to discuss their understanding and experience with the learning goals of the course. The problem is we will not meet the first day so this would need to happen in D2L."
"I want my students to project their iPad screens for the rest of class to see while they talk about their solution to the problem in class. Is there a way to do this?"
"Is there something I can use to redraw diagrams from original texts? I have several sketches on paper and scans of the pages but need something more precise and professional."
CTE provides one-on-one instructional consultations and advisement to faculty who wish to enrich their teaching through the eyes of professional instructional designers.
All instructional consultation services are voluntary, formative, confidential, and timely. Get a new perspective on your teaching by taking advantage of one or more of the following areas.
- Syllabus review
- Instructional materials review
- Assessment plans
- Traditional course redesign
- Online course review and design
- Instructional technology evaluation and selection
- Technology integration into the curriculum
- Teaching techniques and course management for face-to-face, online, and blended classes
- Teaching methods such as case-based, problem-based, and active learning
- Teaching large classes, millennium students, multicultural classes
- Teaching research, resources, national protocols, professional associations
Instructional design is a theory-based, systematic process used to design lesson plans and instruction. It involves five major steps: Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation (ADDIE).
CTE holds more than 25 dossiers from faculty members in various disciplines who were granted their tenure and promotion from assistant professor to associate professor since 2014. If you would like to review the dossiers, please come to the Old Science Building, Room 224 during business hours, or call (405) 325-2323 to schedule a visit. Please note that CTE does not have dossiers for the promotion from associate professor to full professor.
Test scanners are located in Carnegie Hall, Room 308. You will need a PIN Number to access the scanners. Please contact Shearon Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org or 325-2323 to get the PIN Number for this semester.
Note: Test scanning computers do not have internet.
You must bring a flash drive to keep your scan results.